If you want to register for a new vehicle in Delhi, you should know the following list of RTO offices in Delhi beforehand.
The capital city of India, Delhi is seeing a huge number of vehicles plying on its roads day by day. By the implementation of Motor Vehicles Act 1988, the Regional Transport Office or RTO of Delhi were established to keep track of all the traffic and transport-related operations of the city.
Functions of RTO Offices in Delhi
Like any other RTO offices in other cities of the country, Delhi RTO is also responsible for maintaining the database of drivers and vehicles running on the roads of the city.
The RTO of Delhi are set up to ensure that the road discipline of the city is well-obeyed, collect road taxes, issues legal documents for drivers and vehicles as well as take measures to tackle pollution caused by motor vehicles. Below are some major functions of the RTO offices in Delhi:
- Issue and renew driving licence
- Issued temporary and permanent vehicle registration
- Renew Registration Certificate (RC)
- Issue NOC
- Grant vehicle ownership transference and re-registration of vehicle
- Grant permit to vehicles
- Assist in online road tax payment, registration formalities
- Track vehicle registration status
- Control vehicle pollution
- Enforce safety measures
Also Read - Delhi Traffic Police To Withdraw Challans Worth INR 1.5 Lakh
Driving Licence Issued in RTO offices in Delhi
- Motorcycle with engine capacity of up to 50cc : Applicants should be at 16 or above. For any applicants at the age of around 16 to 18, he/she should submit the consent letter of his/her parents or guardian along with all required documents
- Motorcycle without gear: Applicants should be at 18 or above.
- Light motor vehicles: Licence for LMV are issued for the drivers of these vehicles: cars, vans, jeeps and autorickshaws
- Commercial use: licence for commerical use is issued for drivers of these vehicles: heavy motor vehicles, medium goods vehicles, heavy goods motor vehicles, heavy transport vehicle or heavy passenger motor vehicle.
Vehicle Registration in RTO offices in Delhi
As some RTOs in other parts of the country, the RTO Delhi issues two types of registration of vehicles in the city.
- Temporary vehicle registration: As its name suggest, the owner will be provided with a temporary vehicle registration number at the time of purchasing the vehicle. This number can be valid for 7 days and can be extended up to 1 month after the purchase. Beyond this period, it is mandatory to apply for a permanent registration number at RTO Delhi for any kind of vehicle.
- Permanent vehicle registration: By submitting all required documents and completing the entire registration procedure, the owner of the vehicle will be issued a permanent registration number which is mandated for vehicles to ply on the Delhi roads.
Also Read - Parking at Metro Stations in Delhi: Rates, Fines, and Availability
List of RTO offices in Delhi
|| RTO Codes
| Mall Road
|| Deputy Director’s Zonal Office @ Mall, Delhi - 110009
|| 011 23819191, 011 23819192
| Tilak Marg
|| Deputy Director’s Zonal Office 3,@ Tilak Marg in New Delhi - 110001
|| 011 23378877, 011 23378886
| Sheikh Sarai
|| DDA Market, Sheikh Sarai, South Delhi, Delhi - 110017
|| 011 29259800 , 011 29253535
|| Janakpuri, West Delhi, Delhi - 110058
|| 011 25551618, 011 25531002
| Loni Road
|| Loni Road, Shahdara, East Delhi, Delhi - 110032
|| 011 22813475
| Sarai Kale Khan
|| Sarai Kale Khan, Delhi - 110013
|| 011 24351100
| Mayur Vihar
|| Mayur Vihar, East Delhi, Delhi - 110091
|| 011 22753800
| Wazir Pur
|| Wazirpur, North West Delhi, Delhi - 110052
|| 011 27217642
|| Palam, Janakpuri, Delhi - 110058
|| 011 25624064, 011 25163615
| Raja Garden
|| Raja Garden, Delhi - 110027
|| 011 25163616
|| Rohini, North West Delhi, Delhi - 110085
|| 011 27563535
| Vasant Vihar
|| Vasant Vihar, South West Delhi, Delhi - 110057
|| 011 26146498
| Surajmal Vihar/Shahdara
|| Surajmal Vihar, East Delhi, Delhi - 110092
|| 011 22383900