Do you know where to go if you plan to apply for a driving license in Bangalore? Check out the list of every RTO offices in Bangalore before.
1. What are the functions of RTO offices in Bangalore
As stipulated in the section 213 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, the Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) of Bangalore were established to oversee the transport-related operations as well as maintain the database of drivers and vehicles within the city.
Nationwide, the functions of every RTO are mostly the same as per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. However, there are some RTOs in some certain state, region adds a couple of specific goals and functions in operation. Here are some primary functions of RTOs in Bangalore.
- Issue or renew driving licenses
- Issue registration certificate and transport permits
- Issue No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Collect Road Tax payments
- Hypothecate the vehicles
Also Read - Traffic Violation In Bangalore: Traffic fines, new challan rate and more
2. Types of Vehicle Registration Issued by RTO offices in Bangalore
There are two types of vehicle registration issued in the RTO offices in Bangalore.
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: As the name says, this is a kind of short-term registration that is issued for the vehicle while waiting for the permanent registration number. The temporary vehicle registration will be provided by the dealer and have a validity of 30 days. During this period, the vehicle’s owner needs to apply for the permanent registration in his/her local RTO.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: This is a kind of long-term registration certified by the RTO for the vehicle. Applicant should apply for this registration as soon as possible with the proper submission of all required documents.
- Types of Driving License Issued in RTO offices in Bangalore
Vehicles applied for the issuance of driving licence by RTO Bangalore should be include in the below list:
- Two wheelers without gear: driving license will be issued for any mopeds or two-wheelers without gear.
- Motorcycles with gear: Applicants should be at the age of 18 or above. Valid documents are required for the application. Motorcycles with gear are light motor vehicles that are used for private, commercial and transport purpose.
- Motorcycles with engine having capacity of up to 50cc: Applicants should be at the age of 16 or above with the consent of his/her parents or guardian.
- Light motor vehicles: Appliants shout be at the age of 18 or above. The licence holder can drive cars, jeeps and vans, etc. with this kind of driving license.
- Heavy commercial vehicles: Applicants should be at the age of 18 or above and 8th – standard qualified with driving training certificate issued by registered training school.
Also Read - List Of Every RTO Offices In Kerala
3. List of RTO offices in Bangalore
|| 3rd Block, Bda Shopping Complex, Koramangala, Bengaluru-560034
|| 080 - 25533525
|| Corporation, Shopping Complex, Rajajinagar, Bangalore - 560010
|| 080 - 23324388
|| 2nd Floor, BDA Complex, Indiranagar, Bangalore - 560038
|| 080 - 25253726
||No.3, Corporation Complex, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore - 560022
|| 080 - 23376039
|| Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4TH Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560011
|| 080 - 26630989
|| No.27/A, 26/2,27/2, Kenchenahalligrama, Jnanabharati, RVCE Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore - 560056
|| 080 - 28602500
|| SH17, Vijaya Nagar, Ramanagara, Karnataka - 562159
|| 080 - 22718765
|| Vijayapura Road, Devenahalli - 562110
|| 080 - 27681999
|| 2019A,1st Floor, 3rd Cross, Karantaka Housing Board Complex, Sector - B, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore - 560064
|| 080 - 28561366
| Electronic City
83/63, New Central Jail Rd
Opposite: New Mico LTD, Chennakeshavanagar, Bangalore - 560100
| 080 - 25735533
|| 1906, 9th Cross, Subhas Road, Nelamangala, Bangalore - 562123
080 - 27726886
| KR Puram
|| 345/4, Bhattarahall, Old Madras Road, K.R.Puram, Bangalore - 560016
|| 080 - 25617959
|| Regional Transport office, STU and Autorikshaws, Shanthinagar, BANGALORE - 560027
Note: The opening time of the RTO offices in Bangalore is from 10 AM to 5 PM.